There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Monsoon Over Taken by Storm

It was the first game for the new head coach Jose Meza after joining the team just two weeks ago. Unable to attend last weeks 2-2 tie with
Boca for personal reasons, Meza wanted to make sure his new team came away with a victory , and that they did. However it was only three minutes in to the games that the visiting Monsoons caught the Strom off guard and on their heels as they took an early 1-0 lead as
Tyler Coombes-Midfielder
Monsoon's Cesar Meyica broke through the Strom's defense and slipped in an unexpected shot to pick up the first goal of the game. It wasn't very long after that when the Storm moved in, and just 3 minutes later began the downpour, as the Storm scored 9 unanswered goals to win 9 - 1 to open 2012 up at home!
  Storm Captain Stephen Martines helped open up the scoring  barrage as he collected the ball in midfield and put a though pass to the feet of Tyler Coombes who quickly evened the score up at one. That was all your F.C.S.C Storm needed as they started to take it to the Monsoon with a non-stop,fifteen minute attack that allowed defender Robbie Gouk to receive the ball in the Storm's defensive zone and carry the ball 30 yards and make a clear pass to midfielder Andres Bueno, who then turned and carried it to the left of the     
 Monsoon goal keeper Charles Pratt, and fired a rocket that he could not catch; giving the Strom a one goal lead. Only one minute later it was Defender Robbie Gouk again took the ball up the center of the field, and battled his way through  the Monsoon defense with only enough room to reach out with his right leg and get a strong enough pass to teammate Martin Galvan who looped it over the head of  Pratt and tallied a third goal for the Storm.
David Garcia - Keeper
Tyler Coombes came back with two more goals in the half to collect the hat trick. The second half picked up right where the first left off with Tyler Coombes picking up another unassisted goal in the 53rd minute, and yet another in the 64th minute behind Andres Bueno who picked up his second on the night. In the 59th minute Captain Stephen Martines would gather his second goal of the season and an assist. Nine goals seven assist 13 shots in all for the Storm. The only real look at the game for the Monsoon after the goal in the third minute was a penalty kick that was awarded to them in the 74th minute of play after Storm defender Damian Martin committed a foul in the box. However Storm Keeper David Garcia, who replaced starter Steven Rodriguez at half time, came up big and stopped the penalty kick, for the only save of the half.

Next Match: Saturday April 21st the Storm will take on the Fullerton Rangers at Valencia High School in a 6pm match. This will be an exciting game as the Storm will attempt to redeem themselves from the loss they took in the Open Cup Qualifier two weeks ago against the Rangers. Tickets available on line at  or at the gate, gates open at 5:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment